A smile can make us feel confident. Those who have been wearing braces will notice white spots around their teeth once the orthodontic treatment is over. These white spots are a sign of weakened tooth enamel. It can also make one feel conscious about their smile. How can one go about http://vintagegoodness.com/thrift-haul-irresistible-estate-sale-goodness/ removing white spots on teeth? We are here to tell you about these white spots and how to get rid of them.
McHenry What are the white spots on teeth?
There are various reasons why white spots can appear. It can be due to tooth materialisation which means removing calcium and phosphate, which are the crucial elements of bones and teeth. When they are reduced it weakens the tooth enamel. The white spots can also be caused because of poor oral hygiene around the braces. Dental fluorosis is another cause of white spot formation. This happens when a child is exposed to high fluoride levels during the teeth development years. This makes the teeth weak and brittle. Enamel hypoplasia is another condition that causes white spot formation due to thinner enamel. This could be due to vitamin deficiency, hereditary factors and specific medication.
What is the reason behind the random appearance of bright white spots on teeth?
The random appearance of bright white spots could be due to congenitally weak enamel or tooth decay. These lesions appear as an early sign of tooth decay and mineral loss. They need to be treated on time, otherwise, it can lead to dental cavities.
What are the treatment options available for white spots?
Following are the different treatment options that can be considered.
- Topical Mineralization: Agents like fluoride varnishes and silver diamine fluoride are considered powerful restoring agents.
- Microabrasion: A fine layer of enamel is removed in the treatment. This helps to improve the aesthetics.
- Dental bleaching: Bleaching can be an effective way to mask the appearance of white spot lesions.
- Cosmetic Bonding: A tooth-coloured restorative material is used in this treatment option to mask the white stains that are present on the teeth.
- Porcelain Veneers: Veneers are thin shells made of porcelain or composite resin. These are then bonded to the front of the teeth to mask the white spots and other teeth stains.
- Lumineers: they are also a great option for targeting white spots.
How to treat white stains on the front teeth?
When there are white spots present on the front teeth, it can impact one’s confidence. Using cosmetic bonding or porcelain veneers can help to remove these lesions. Both options can cosmetically treat the white spots.
Are the white spots visible when the braces are on?
These white spot lesions are usually formed around the dental braces. It happens cause of the demineralization of the tooth enamel. As it forms around the braces, they are usually not visible when the braces are on. After removing the braces, they become visible.