Undergoing breast augmentation surgery in the UK is a big decision and not one that can be taken lightly. During the procedure, surgeons insert implants into the breast to alter their shape, increase their size, or even them out. It’s crucial to weigh the benefits of this cosmetic surgery against the risks to ensure you’re making the right decision.
- Százhalombatta The cost
In the UK, buy Aurogra online made in america breast augmentation surgery ranges between £3500-£8000. This price does not include consultation of aftercare prices. You may need follow-up surgery, which would be an added cost.
- The surgeon
As your surgeon will be the one performing your procedure, it’s essential that they know what they are doing and you feel comfortable. MyBreast surgeons are internationally recognised and specialise in aesthetic surgery to the Breast, Body and Face. They are all registered with the General Medical Council and members of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS), British Association of Cosmetic Surgeons (BACS), British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (BAAPS) and/or the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS). These are acknowledged as the representative bodies for maintaining standards of excellence in aesthetic and plastic surgery.
These are some questions you can ask your surgeon during your consultation to ensure they are the right person for the job.
- About their qualifications and experience
- How many breast augmentation surgeries they have performed in the UK
- If they have experienced any complication during surgery and how it was resolved
- About the type and manufacturer of the implant they use and why
- About the surgical technique used and the placement of the implants
- What results you can expect
- What sort of follow-up you should expect if things go wrong
- What their patient satisfaction rates are
- Implant material
There are two types of implants available, silicone and saline. Both implants have their pros and cons, although silicone implants are the most common in the UK. The implants can rupture and cause small lumps called siliconomas. Speak to your surgeon about the best type of implant material for your desired outcome.
- Surgery risks
Even though breast augmentation surgery is relatively common and generally safe, there is a slight chance that during surgery, something will go wrong.
- Anaesthesia risks
- Breast implant-associated anaplastic large cell lymphoma (BIA-ALCL)
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation
- Fluid accumulation (seroma)
- Formation of tight scar tissue around the implant (capsular contracture)
- Implant leakage or rupture
- Persistent pain
- Poor scarring
- Possibility of revision surgery
- Wrinkling of the skin over the implant
- Wrong or faulty position of the implant
It is important to remember that pregnancy, weight loss and menopause will affect your augmented breast over time. You may be required to replace your implant after a while as they do not last forever. You will be required to sign a consent form to ensure you fully understand the procedure and risks associated. You will also be required to regularly check your breast health to evaluate the condition of your implants.
Despite the risks, Breast augmentation surgery is very safe. The surgical time is short, the area of surgery is small, and the surgeons are not working around any of the major organs. This procedure is standard. In 2018, more than 310,000 women and teenagers in the United States underwent surgery, so surgeons have had plenty of time and experience to perfect their technique and improve procedure safety.